Create something memorable and it can provide inspiration to others. Here are some fantastic email marketing quotes, read them well, philosophise, share and tell me what you think.
Maybe you could even even get some inspiration for your own digital marketing efforts.
The list of the most fantastic email marketing quotes
1. About A/B split-testing: Your “winning” version may still suck. (tweet this)
2. Treat your email program like the movies – give a preview so they know what to expect (tweet this)
3. Email has an ability many channels dont: creating valuable, personal touches – at scale (tweet this)
4. Perhaps not surprisingly, cash is still the #1 driver for consumers to share their information (tweet it)
5. Set a target goal for how many email subscribers you’d like to reach every month. (tweet this)
6. Segmentation on past activity greatly outperformed demographics for Obamas’ emails (tweet this)
7. There is no formula for the perfect email – Authentic and honest messaging works. (tweet this)
8. Open, click and unsubscribe rates are pretty poor measures for email engagement. (tweet this)
9. Email is easy…if you want it to be. Simplify before you get complicated. (tweet this)
10. An email without clarity is like an annoying mime: Just say what you want or get out the way! ~ Jordie van Rijn (tweet this)
11. Signing up is a powerful signal of intent to buy. Send them email until they do (tweet this)
12. Email is the Jason Bourne of online: somebody’s always trying to kill it. It can’t be done. (tweet)
13. You don’t have to create the most interesting thing ever, just the most interesting thing at the moment. ~ Lee Clow’s Beard (tweet this)
14. 90% of marketing doesn’t work because it doesn’t get done. ~ Neil Bradman (tweet this)
15. The right Email vendor can make the difference between succes and frustration. ~ Jordie van Rijn (tweet this)
16. Design like you are absolutely right, then optimize like you were wrong from the start. ~ Jordie van Rijn (tweet)
17. Losers try to convince people they’re thirsty. Winners sell ice water in the desert. ~ P.Marshal (tweet that)
18. Cher’s “If I could turn back time” is actually about her sending an email campaign with a mistake in it ~ Alex Williams (tweet that)
19. Your winning email might be a woman bodybuilder; as strong as they come, but ugly as hell. ~ Jordie van Rijn (tweet this)
20. Relevance is irrelevant once the consumer chooses you. ~ Bob Frady (tweet this)
21. Email Is The New Email ~ Jordie van Rijn (tweet this)
22. Use low commitment CTAs. Emails are invites, landingpages are parties ~ Matt Byrd (tweet it)
23. Every click is a wish. (tweet that wish)
24. Email Acquisition is like cutting hair, must happen regularly, can be done well, but one bad experience can scar forever ~ David Baker (tweet)
25. An email address is like a customer’s “digital fingerprint” ~ David Daniels (tweet)
26. Having a lot to say is never a good enough reason to actually say it ~ Lee Clowes beard (tweet)
27. Bait without a hook is just food ~ John Hayes on email CTAs (Tweet that bait)
28. Tell me and I will forget, show me and I may remember, involve me and I will understand ~ Confucius (450BC) (Involved Tweet)
Quotes are ideas destilled into mindblowing concentrate, the thoughts to share.
Click here to share them all at once
Thanks to all in the community for sharing and tweeting these great email marketing quotes. If any quoted is mis-quoted, mis-attibuted or missing, please do enjoy to use the comment section below.
The success of email marketing quotes
Email marketing quotes or any kind of short content does well on the web. The do especially well on social media. Quotes are short enough to tweet, share and snack. A bite of content with just enough information to convey a message. There is a lesson to be learned there. Not every post article or blog has to be long-copy or very elaborate.
Effectively using long copy
If you want it to be “the ultimate post about X”, yes, you have to make it long. Because an ultimate post about X gives you a lot to say.
Search engines also like long, informative copy. Lots of words makes them easily crawl and easily identify what your article is about. And if it is exceptional content, it will also be shared. My ultimate list with all mobile email statistics is pretty popular. The thing with long copy is that not everybody will read it completely, but people will scan. That makes your headlines extra important.
But if you are going for the share, quick top-of-mind message, shorter IS sweeter. And more visually is also sweeter. Pretty sweet.